50 is a new beginning.
Here are some things I want to accomplish when I turn 50. I hope to get to them all by the time I’m 51.
1. Wake up on my 50th birthday in a different city and then not go to work.
Update: (November 28, 2017) The big day has passed. I skipped work and woke up in Toronto, Ontario.
2. Create a Blog
Update: If you are reading this list you know that I have launched www.jauntwandercruise.com
3. Paddle my canoe down the Grand River from Paris to Brantford
4. Be Thankful, each and every day.
5. Learn to play a song on the ukulele. It will have to be a simple one, lol
6. Go to a Toronto Blue Jays Game
7. Read at least 2 classic novels
8. Go to an Indian Restaurant for a buffet and try some dishes I have never eaten
9. Make an effort to exercise regularly
10. Fishing, lots of fishing
12. Regularly scheduled Night at the Movies
December 31, 2017 New Year’s Eve- We have been on cruises for the last 5 of the last 6 New Year’s Eve. This year we decided to go see a movie. We saw All the Money in the World,
January 5, 2018- Molly’s Game
January 26, 2018-The Post
13. Chicago Style Pizza, in Chicago?
14. Figure out how to make really good Pulled Pork, then try to make it vegan
15. Become a Google Ninja https://www.rd.com/
16. Go to a concert, or two
17. Go mountain biking and explore the Dundas Valley
18. Update my Technology. It might just be time for a new laptop and a new phone
Update: (December 3, 2017)- My iPhone 5s took a swim in the washing machine. It was 4 years old and so it was time for a new phone sooner than expected. As of December 5th, I am now a proud owner of an iPhone 6s. I will be much more careful with the laundry from now on, lol.
Update: (December 27, 2017) I didn’t think that updating my technology would include a brand new vehicle, but my new RAM 1500 has lots of technology that I never had in my old vehicle. Road Trips will never be the same.
19. Complete a Sunday New York Times Crossword. I might need some help with this one
20. Organize my garage
21. Take a course. Continue my learning.
22. Learn something new everyday and write it down
23. Build a fire with no matches
24. Work through an adult coloring book
25. Complete a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle
Update: January 14, 2018- Well I did it. I completed my first 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle. Fittingly it was travel themed.
26. See a musical performed by a local theatre group
Update: December 2017- Beauty and the Beast- performed by the students at Ancaster High School. My daughter was in this production and it was a great show.
27. Create an “Ultimate 80s playlist”
28. Practice mindfulness
29. Write a letter to my 60-year-old self
30. Perfect a signature dish, or a signature mocktail, or both.
31. Take time to write down good things that happen each day
32. Explore meditation
33. De-clutter my email accounts
34. Watch 5 movies from 1967
35. Make a 1967 mix tape playlist
36. Hamilton is the City of Waterfalls, I need to visit some waterfalls.
37. Make a list of 10 food items I have never eaten and eat them all
38. Release a paper lantern
39. Take down the Christmas lights (they have been up for 2 years now)
Update: January 2018 Well I have taken down some of the lights that I added to the house for Christmas 2017. The main light set will come down in the spring when it is much warmer.
40. Bread, Cake and Pizza from scratch
41. Go ahead and have anchovies on pizza
Update: I have taken many opportunities to have anchovies on pizza. Salty but good!!
42. Knit something
43. Find a nearby geocache
44. Do a seasonal tire swap on our vehicles
Update: (November 18th, 2017) Although it was before my birthday, it needed to be done.
46. Get a shave from a barber
47. Take some really great photographs
48. Buy some nice new clothes
49. Pick a lock like Thomas Magnum
50. Enjoy the people who surround me in my life.
Thanks to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday on November 27, 2017.